Classes at the Temple
The following classes are conducted at the Temple at the indicated times. They are free, unless otherwise indicated.
- Chinmaya Bala Vihar class for children every Sunday from 4:00 to 5:30 PM during the school year. BalaVihar is a forum through which children learn about many aspects of Hindu culture and philosophy. Children are taught according to their level of understanding. The Chinmaya method of teaching has been repeatedly proven to work in Bala Vihars around the world. For additional information please visit:
http://lansingtemple.org/misc/BV-Flier-East-Lansing.pdf (BV East Lansing);
http://lansingtemple.org/misc/BV-trifold-2011.pdf (BV trifold);
- Kathopnishad/Gita class for adults every Sunday, from 10:30 to noon. One complete round of studying the Bhagavad-gita has been completed. From April 10, 2011 to January 2012, the Kathopanishad is being studied, as an interlude before the Gita class is started again from the very beginning. The discussion leader is Dr. C.A. Reddy, phone: (517) 332-7836, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Class on "Sankara Bhashyam on Gita" for adults every Saturday from 11 AM to 12:30 PM. The discussion leader is Dr. K.S. Sripada Raju.
- Hindi Youth Group meets on the 1st and 3rd Sunday from 11 Am to noon. Depending on the number, the groups may be divided by High School and Middle School (grade 6-8) students. Activities include Youth Led Puja (in spring), YGEGLE (Music ensemble that plays Hindi songs), Hindi Movie nights and Potlucks and some conversational Hindi and other age-appropriate activities. For additional information, call Madan or Dianne Syal at (517)-333-2152 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yoga class weekly on Tuesday evenings (6 to 7 PM, year-round). This is a continuous, on-going, free class. It is conducted by Jennifer Leedy of Yoga Services Research Foundation, phone: (517) 694-5309, e-mail: email@example.com.